As your new UMA board chair, I wish to express my sincere gratitude to all of you for your ongoing support and commitment to UMA. This past year, we have traveled on a valuable journey of self-reflection. I believe it has made our association stronger. I am incredibly excited about its future. Before we talk about the future, though, I wish to offer my deepest appreciation to Kim Williams, president and CEO of Simpson Senior Services, for his extended service as UMA chair. On behalf of the full board and membership, I want to thank Kim for his strong leadership during this critical time of transition.
In the past several months, our new CEO Mary Kemper and her staff, Michelle and Ginny, have worked tirelessly with the Board to address many critical issues which has accelerated the transformation of UMA. I am inspired by the passion, focus, and initial outcomes I have witnessed. Many of you have stepped up to offer your ongoing support!
Now, with renewed commitment and collaboration, UMA has gained energy and enthusiasm. The Association is firmly dedicated to its mission to improve the quality of life for people served by its members, to expand the footprint of service to those in need, and to lead the setting of standards of service through the EAGLE principles of excellence. With a fresh business model and strategic plan, we already have moved quickly to plan for the coming year and launch our strategic vision.
Four shared learning and networking events are set for 2017 to highlight EAGLE best practices in key areas including governance, philanthropy, social accountability, risk management, mission integration, financial management, marketing and more.
The 2017 dates and locations are as follows:
• January 26 – Winter Governance Forum, Aldersgate, Charlotte, NC
• May 16-17 – UMA Annual Meeting, Asbury Methodist Village, Gaithersburg, MD
• August 2 – Summer Learning Summit, Frasier Meadows, Boulder, CO
• October 18 – Fall Learning Event, St. Louis
I encourage you to take full advantage of these learning opportunities. UMA is dedicated to excellence and fellowship. These events will be part of our ongoing efforts to support you as you:
• Share best practices with a wide-range of service provider organizations.
• Engage with members in exploring innovation and partnership to advance your missions.
• Show support for faith-based organizations committed to quality.
• Raise the standards of excellence by supporting all UMA members in serving community needs and guiding them on the path to EAGLE excellence.
• Keep current on issues impacting service provider organizations.
If you have questions about your membership or would like to discuss the various opportunities in more detail, please contact UMA President and CEO Mary Kemper at 202-680-3941.
Blessings for a Wonderful Holiday Season,
Greg Peters, Chair
We are thrilled to announce that the UMA is planning several shared learning and networking experiences across the country. These content-rich events will highlight EAGLE best practices relevant to all ministry types with an emphasis on critical areas identified by the EAGLE commission and broader membership. We will explore valuable principles of governance, philanthropy, spiritual life and more. In each of these events, we are excited to be able to take advantage of regional and national expertise and include member tours to enhance the learning experiences. Save these dates for you and your team. More details to follow!
- Winter Governance Forum | January 26 | Aldersgate, Charlotte, NC
- UMA Annual Meeting | May 16-17 | Asbury Methodist Village, Gaithersburg, MD
- Summer Learning Event | August 2 | Frasier Meadows, Boulder, CO
- Fall Learning Event | October 18 |Epworth Children and Family Services, St. Louis, MO
Lives transformed through our healing and caring ministries.
In the name of the United Methodist church, the mission of the United Methodist Association is to improve the quality of life for those served by UMA members, to expand the footprint of service to those in need, and to lead the setting of standards of service through the EAGLE program. Learn More