CALL FOR PRESENTATION PROPOSALS
ANNUAL MEETING APRIL 16-17, 2018
Marriott at Vanderbilt, Nashville, TN
The Conference Audience
The United Methodist Association of Health and Welfare Ministries annual meeting audience is comprised of CEOs, senior management, chaplains, board members and other professionals in nonprofit organizations providing housing, healthcare and human services to children, youth, families, older adults, and persons with developmental disabilities, using the EAGLE Standards as their guide. (see below)
All submissions will be reviewed with the aim of developing a high-quality, well-balanced education program.
- All proposals must be submitted by September 8, 2017
- Sessions should be 1.5 hours in length.
- Complete information must be submitted by the noon EST on the due date
The Shared Learning Commission will review submissions using the following criteria:
- Timeliness and relevance of topics to the audience
- Relevant, practical and replicable information unique to the UMA audience
- Supports one or more of the EAGLE Principles
- Learning methods that will fully engage the audience
- Clarity and depth of session content and education methods that enhance the learning experience
- Qualifications, expertise and experience level of the speakers
Please note that we may ask you to adapt your session based on feedback from the Shared Learning Commission.
Speaker Terms and Conditions
Proposal submitters are asked to keep the conference dates (April 16-17, 2018) available until notified of the status of their proposals in early November. If selected to participate in the program, speakers agree to:
- Incur all expenses related to the development and implementation of their sessions. UMA does not pay honorarium, travel, per diem or other costs for breakout speakers.
- Submit session material prior to the annual meeting so that it can be posted for attendees to access/download.
Please use the form at the link below to submit your proposal. If your session is chosen, this information will be used to apply for continuing education credits and for creating the conference program. If the session is not chosen for the conference, we may contact you to see if you are interested in providing content for other educational events or formats.
Send the completed proposal by fax # 301-291-7385 or email education@ourUMA.org by September 8, 2017.
Questions – call Michelle at 301.556.1342.
DOWNLOAD THE ANNUAL MEETING EDUCATION SUBMISSION FORM HERE.