“Feed my sheep,” Jesus of Nazareth
“The world is my parish,” John Wesley
We, the United Methodist Association (UMA), are a people of God who are called to care for others and are formed into a community of faith. We are inheritors of Judeo-Christian traditions emphasizing wholeness of mind, body and Spirit; worldwide inclusiveness, and; authentic discipleship.
Mutually encouraged by each other’s faith (Romans 1:12), we are graced by the Spirit of God with a wide variety of gifts. Called to embody the love of God, we express our high calling through ministries with individuals, United Methodist-related organizations and other faith communities.
We celebrate God’s presence. We seek to follow the commands of God’s Son, Jesus Christ. We wonder at the mystery of God’s Holy Spirit. Thus empowered, we become the UMA, a Spirit-Centered, faith-based and Wesleyan-focused healing and caring ministry.
UMA Mission Statement
In the name of the United Methodist church, the mission of the United Methodist Association is to improve the quality of life for those served by UMA members, to expand the footprint of service to those in need, and to lead the setting of standards of service through the EAGLE program.
UMA Strategic Plan
An executive summary of the strategic plan for the United Methodist Association (UMA) based on the new business model. View the document here.
Code of Ethics
The United Methodist Association of Health and Welfare Ministries, inspired by and created from the traditions, theology and social conscience of the United Methodist heritage, seeks to promote God’s kingdom on earth. Grounded in Scripture, and balanced by reason, tradition and experience, we accept God’s covenant, as expressed by Christ’s example, to love our neighbors as ourselves. By this covenant, we are called to express our faith through active ministries of healing and caring for God’s children.
To these ends, a member organization of the United Methodist Association of Health and Welfare Ministries will:
- maintain a safe, secure and accessible environment
- provide services in an atmosphere of holistic caring
- treat all individuals with dignity and respect, guarding against abuse, neglect, invasion of privacy and economic exploitation
- provide spiritual growth opportunities for those receiving and providing services
- respect the personal and professional ethics of all persons providing services
- expect all persons providing services to perform within the standards set by this Code of Ethics
- ensure that all financial policies are based on sound economic principles and are public and non-discriminatory and in keeping with the standards set by this Code of Ethics
- undertake or support actions which will enhance health care and human services
- continuously review and improve the delivery of our services, sharing collective wisdom and experience with Association member organizations