UMA honored newly EAGLE accredited and re-accredited organizations and UMA Award winners for their outstanding achievements during its Celebration of Excellence at the UMA Annual Meeting in Nashville last month. This festive and moving event was made possible, in part, due to the generous sponsorship of Varsity and THW Design.
EAGLE is the only faith-based accrediting body in the country. EAGLE-accredited organizations commit to a thorough self-study and peer review process dedicated to excellence around 10 principles.
The following organizations successfully achieved EAGLE accreditation for the first time:
- Presbyterian Home for Children, AL
- Shell Point Retirement Community, FL
The following organizations successfully achieved reaccreditation:
- United Methodist Children’s Home, GA
- Cunningham Children’s Home, IL (with Commendation)
- Board of Child Care, MD, PA and WV
- Spero Family Services, IL (with Commendation)
- OhioGuidestone, OH
- Asbury Communities, MD, PA, OK and TN
All UMA members commit to improving the scope and quality of service to diverse populations using the EAGLE standards as their guide. To that aim, UMA recognizes organizations whose best practices and innovations have had an outstanding impact on their communities. UMA also created a new award this year to honor an individual, group or organization that has made an outstanding contribution to the mission of their organization, community, field of ministry and/or UMA through inspirational leadership and commitment. UMA and its members commend the following award winners:
- Burlington United Methodist Family Services, WV: Student Attendance Assistance Program
- Copeland Oaks Retirement Communities, Sebring, OH: Life Style Change and Senior Slimfest Program
- Asbury Communities, Frederick, MD: What’s Age Got to do With It?
- Chaddock, Quincy, IL: In-Home Intensive Program
- Bayview Retirement Community, Seattle, WA: Age Up Campaign
- The Methodist Home for Children & Youth, Macon, GA: Hurricane Irma Relief Effort