Spero Family Services
Mt. Vernon & Murphysboro, IL
Responsible for the clinical supervision and oversight of effective, trauma-informed treatment of residents in Residential programs (Mt. Vernon and Murphysboro) of Spero Family Services.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related human services field with LCSW, LCPC or LPHA license and 2 years previous experience in clinical treatment of children and adolescents.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with program managers, clinicians, and milieu staff and have sound knowledge of trauma informed practices.
- Experience supervising teams is preferred.
- Provide clinical direction and leadership in on-going development and implementation of the treatment philosophy, program model and clinical approaches for Residential Programs.
- Assure trauma informed and evidence-based models of treatment are being implemented with fidelity.
- Assure compliance with licensing, accreditation, contract requirements and Medicaid standards for provision of clinical and residential services to children and families.
- Accept and evaluate referrals for placement, make determinations for appropriate admissions.
- Supervise program managers, nurses, therapists and case managers to establish direction and focus for continued quality and improvement of clinical services.
- Provide individual and group clinical supervision for therapists and other members of the treatment team.
- Oversee and approve of all Medicaid documentation requiring licensed clinical approval, while ensuring treatment episodes are documented accurately, timely and in sufficient quantity to support the level of treatment.
- Provide direction on behavioral management and crisis interventions (TCI) including the implementation of crisis intervention model and related staff training.
- Provide leadership in the review and development of treatment polices/procedures.
- Monitor treatment progress of residents and participate in discharge planning and aftercare services. Provide direct consultation on individual client cases.
- Chair the Utilization Review team, in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Department
- Keep abreast of current research, trends, insights and developments in mental health treatment, trauma-informed practice, and adolescent development.
- Provide training and consultation services regarding effective clinical approaches for working with children and families with complex trauma and mental health issues.
- Be available during non-business hours to provide support to on-call administrator regarding clinical issues as needed.
- Provide other duties as assigned by the Director of Child Welfare Services and/or President/CEO.
- Participate in on-call rotation as back up on-call.
Miscellaneous: Must pass all pre-employment drug screens and background clearances, must maintain driving clearances. Must become trained in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI).
Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, organized, detail oriented, basic computer skills, excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Candidates may apply at www.sperofs.org.