United Methodist Association of Health and Welfare Ministries
Please submit your cover letter, resume and any questions to email@example.com.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction and supervision of the President and Chief Executive Officer of the United Methodist Association of Health and Welfare Ministries (UMA), the Director of Membership and Programs is responsible for responsible for managing the shared learning events and membership functions, including membership recruitment and services, annual sponsor and business member recruitment and services, and the planning and coordination of educational programming.
- Develops and implements the UMA membership recruitment and retention plan to achieve revenue goals.
- Manages the work of the Membership and Shared Learning Committees.
- Directs all aspects of the two-year cycle of Annual Meeting and Exposition/Business Member Experience and other shared learning and networking events including all processes from registration to licensure approval and brochure production to participant evaluation.
- Develops and manages the shared learning marketing and sales plan to achieve attendance and revenue objectives.
- Manages any contractual arrangements and logistics with content providers, hotels, food, transportation, audio visual and those vendors who may serve and support a shared learning event.
- Assists with business member and sponsor recruitment to achieve revenue goals.
- Manages, evaluates and tracks participation in the UMA Peer Networks.
- Oversees the database management system and ensures quality, accuracy and timely dues and invoice collection.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the CEO or Board of Directors.
MISSION, VALUE AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Support and uphold the mission, vision and values of UMA
- Respect and safeguard the confidentiality of information for members and associates.
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Demonstrate teamwork when interacting with other associates.
- Initiate prompt and appropriate responses to problems and issues.
- Five years of successful experience in association management.
- Demonstrable relationship talent, with specific successful experience in customer relations management.
- Demonstrable ability to translate strategy into operational planning and implementation.
- Well organized so as to implement plans effectively and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Works independently.
- Strong team player.
- Proficient in the understanding and application of a variety of technologies.
- Demonstrable oral and written communications skills.
- Able and willing to travel throughout the nation.