Cunningham Children’s Home, an innovative, effective, and well-resourced child welfare agency in Urbana, Illinois is seeking an engaging and accountability-minded leader to manage our highly-respected Residential Treatment Program. This position reports directly to the agency’s Chief Executive Officer.
Opportunities: The Director of Residential and Clinical Services will work with a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of psychologists, nurses, therapists, clinical directors, psychiatrist, and special therapies. The Director will maximize the potential of the program’s resources, which include:
- An outstanding team of skilled professionals, dedicated to continually improving services for 56 children and youth ages 8-18 with severe emotional and behavioral disorders;
- An agency commitment to providing effective and appropriate facilities and tools, including a state of the art 30-bed residential treatment center;
- A strong continuous quality improvement program which supports evaluation of progress for individual clients as well for overall program design;
- Oversight of an integrated special therapies department that includes special recreation, music therapy, and other special therapies;
- Partnership with Cunningham’s on-grounds school, as well as an agency-wide commitment to vocational education and training for clients;
- Strong agency infrastructure, including hiring practices dedicated to promoting excellence, employee retention, diversity, and team;
- Agency-wide commitment to providing a continuum of care for our residential youth, including transitioning clients into specialized foster care and independent living programs; and
- A longstanding culture of commitment to providing treatment that offers hope to kids where other interventions have failed.
Requirements: In addition to education and professional experience, we are seeking candidates who possess the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and building the commitment of others. An outgoing, poised and professional communication style is essential, as this position must effectively build rapport and relationships with individuals and groups—including staff, clients, collaterals, colleagues and funding sources. Team building and caring for staff is a must.
Masters degree in the human services area from an accredited university or college, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or a Licensed Clinical Psychologist; or willingness to obtain licensure are required. Must meet the standards for a Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts (LPHA) per Medicaid Community Mental Health standards.
At least 5 years of human services experience with a strong background in clinical work with children and adolescents, including 3 years of supervision experience and administration duties are required. Knowledge of clinical work with severely emotionally disturbed children and adolescents as well as DCFS and Medicaid standards related to child welfare and mental health services required. Must be able to conduct DSM diagnoses, interpret psychodiagnostic measures, and provide clinical supervision.
Our agency is committed to the values of spirituality, teamwork, integrity, and respect. Cunningham offers outstanding benefits and opportunities for professional growth and personal fulfillment. Salary is based on education and experience. Salary range available upon request. Willing to offer relocation assistance. Prospective employees must possess a valid Illinois driver’s license and proof of auto insurance and are required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check. EOE
Apply online: www.cunninghamhome.org/join-our-team