Spero Family Services
Mount Vernon, IL (Main Campus)
Purpose: Provide spiritual life programming to clients and staff of Spero
- Develop/Implement a Spiritual Life comprehensive plan in accordance with EAGLE Standards and agency strategic plan
- Establish relationships with Residential, Group Home and TLP clients
- Offer individual spiritual life engagement, education, and support to clients
- Offer group spiritual life awareness and growth opportunities to clients
- Offer group spiritual life events for clients/staff in all agency programs
- Develop creative methods to engage clients (i.e.: music, education, recreation, and discipleship)
- Speak to church, civic and community organizations to share agency mission / ministry and encourage continued support of Spero
- Participate in the agency executive leadership team as needed.
- Assist President/CEO and PR/Development team with marketing, donor/church engagement, IGRC initiatives and benevolence applications.
- Serve as a resource to partner organizations and churches on trauma0informed ministry.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent required, must have a good understanding of the Christian faith and a demonstrated history of designing worship and faith growth experiences, especially as they relate to youth. Must be willing and able to travel as needed to participate in public relations events/meetings which may include weekend, evening and overnight travel. Must have good communication skills and be able to interact and relate to others.
- Desired: Minimum qualifications with Bachelor Degree or higher in a divinity discipline
- Miscellaneous: Pass all pre-employment drug screens and background clearances. Must maintain driving clearances if transporting youth
- Skills: Must be able to work effectively with diverse groups, excellent communication skills and ability to make formal presentations inside and/or outside the immediate work area. Experience with at-risk youth and families and knowledge of trauma-informed care/ministry is preferred.
This position is currently open and applicants may apply on Indeed or via the employment tab on their website; www.sperofs.org.