CC Young, a Continuing Care Retirement Community and a not-for-profit leader in Senior Housing and Health Care, has an immediate opening for a seasoned, multi-talented Controller. Our ideal candidate will be an energetic, hands-on manager with a proven track record and experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting, budgeting and cash flow analysis.
The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Organizes the Accounting Department to insure proper accounting for all pertinent records.
- Schedules and maintains daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly and annual routines as required.
- Responsible, working through the CFO and President, to establish a set of financial and management controls to adhere to the policies and procedures of the facility.
- Hires, trains and manages Accounting Department staff.
- Serves as a resource person for other department heads, superiors, peers and employees.
- Coordinates year-end activities including audits, audit schedules, cost reports, and tax and informational returns.
- Oversees Medicare Part A and Part B billings; monthly AR reviews plus daily/weekly questions and billing decisions.
- Monitors and reports regularly on all past due accounts.
- Ensures the accurate and timely payment of invoices.
- Reviews journal entries, bank reconciliations, supporting schedules, and financial statements and performs analysis prior to distribution.
- Reconciles subsidiary journals to the general ledger. Reconciles all other balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Reviews fixed asset and depreciation schedules and maintains other records.
- Ensures that all miscellaneous monies are properly deposited and recorded in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with best accounting practices.
- Prepares special reports upon request and regularly informs supervisor regarding the status of accounts and financial activity.
- Assists in preparing and monitoring the annual budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. Thorough knowledge of general accounting functions.
- CPA designation required.
- Minimum of five years hands-on experience with G/L, A/P, A/R, Payroll, and financial statement preparation.
- Minimum of two years of documented skills in leadership, supervision and communication.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines; good planning skills necessary.
CC Young is a 5-star senior living community and a recognized leader in the healthcare industry. Founded in 1922, CC Young came into being in response to an older woman’s plea for a safe place to live out her later years. Today, we are home to 450+ residents and provide services for Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Long Term Care, Hospice, Home Health and Home Services.
Our beautiful 20 acre campus sits just north of White Rock Lake and is within walking distance of the DART White Rock Station. We are currently in a growth mode and recently completed construction of a 9 story, state-of-the-art transitional living center called The Vista. The first of its kind in the senior living industry, The Vista has a flexible design that will adapt to the changing needs of the East Dallas and surrounding community for years to come!
In addition to providing a competitive salary, we also offer several medical plan options, two dental plan options, a vision plan, Company-paid life insurance with the ability to purchase family coverage and additional coverage, Company-provided accident insurance with the ability to purchase coverage for family members, a 403 (b) retirement plan with Company matching, cell phone reimbursement, and Paid Time Off (PTO) after six (6) months of FT employment.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume to HR@ccyoung.org.
CC Young is an Equal Opportunity Employer