Director of Development
Evenglow Senior Living
Evenglow Senior Living seeks candidates for the position of Director of Development. The
Director of Development, reporting to the President & CEO, is responsible for developing and
implementing a comprehensive strategy to grow Evenglow’s donation, legacy and capital
campaign programs, as well as building relationships to cultivate and increase Evenglow’s donor
portfolio. If you are excited by the idea of working in a one-person Development department
(yet with a wider team that includes the CEO, campaign counsel, volunteer leaders and faith
leaders) where you can bring your unique skills and gifts to shape fundraising; are excited by
the idea of providing key leadership for a successful capital campaign; and have a passion for
quality care for seniors in a faith-based environment, we’d love to hear from you!
Skills & Qualifications:
- A passion for quality care for seniors. Ability to connect with the cause in a way that
inspires others to give.
- Desire to lead a comprehensive Development program in a role which ranges from data
entry and database maintenance, to writing and public speaking, to developing strategy
for donor prospects with 5-figure and 6-figure giving potential.
- Comfortable meeting with and successful in building relationships with a variety of
individuals and constituent groups. Strong track record of success in building
relationships in order to reach organizational goals.
- 3+ years experience in professional fundraising a plus. Capital campaign experience a
- Non-profit and/or faith-affiliated organization experience a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel approximately 20-25% of the time.
- Responsible for developing strategy and shifting priorities to meet fundraising, capital
campaign and donor-centric goals. Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Provide key leadership for Evenglow’s capital campaign and support Evenglow in
meeting associated capital fundraising goals.
- Build relationships with donors, board members, staff, the greater Livingston County
community, and local churches. Build new relationships as well as nurture existing ones.
- Draft appeal letters, newsletters, and personalized donor communications. Tell
Evenglow’s story in a way which inspires others to give.
- Offer speaking engagements to raise the profile of Evenglow Senior Living.
- Seek internal and external resources and expertise where needed to accomplish goals.
- Work independently and take initiative to reach out to donors and other key
- Exemplify a high standard of ethics. Ensure gifts are allocated and used according to
donor intent. Maintain donor confidentiality and anonymity.
Evenglow offers a generous benefits package that includes group health, dental and vision
benefits; life insurance; a strong retirement plan with company match; and paid time off.
Evenglow Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter directly to Cindy Wegner,
President & CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.