United Methodist Communities – The Shores
Ocean City, New Jersey
United Methodist Communities (UMC) is seeking an Executive Director to advance the mission and operations of UMC at The Shores. UMC is based in Neptune, New Jersey with 13 locations
throughout New Jersey and has been a “Great Place to Work” certified organization for the past four consecutive years. The Shores is a highly sought after retirement and assisted living
community located in the seaside town of Ocean City, New Jersey.
“Compassionately serving in community so that all are free to choose abundant life.”
UMC is driven by principles of faith and its charitable mission to serve seniors of all faiths, backgrounds and needs. For over 100 years UMC has provided senior living housing, health care services and programming to individuals throughout the state and has grown to include more than 1600 residents and associates and over 700 volunteers. The Shores location provides residents with access to a full continuum of care for all of their healthcare needs. The person-centered living philosophy creates an environment which enhances dignity, choice and independence while allowing residents to remain in their apartments for as long as possible.
The candidate will be a dynamic, seasoned senior living professional that effectively manages the overall operations of the community and leads the management team in support of the mission and values consistent with the goals and vision of UMC.
Key qualities and skills required are:
- Able to exhibit, embrace and champion the UMC mission and its four core values: Compassion, Respect, Stewardship and Service.
- Ensure the community operates in a sound financial position with a strong emphasis on quality standards and healthcare policy and regulations.
- Excel in creating partnerships with the local community and have excellent communication skills.
- Strong experience in operations, finances, regulatory issues, and managing and leading a team.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Administration, Healthcare, Business or other fields related to
senior housing or healthcare, with a Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of senior level administrative experience in a senior housing, long-term care or retirement community setting.
- Must hold a current New Jersey Nursing Home Administrators License in good standing or have a willingness to obtain.
Direct interested individuals or candidate nominations to MHS Consulting who is conducting this search. All inquiries will be held in the strictest of confidence.