UMA Membership Engagement Manager
United Methodist Association of Health and Welfare Ministries
D.C. Metropolitan Area
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction and supervision of the President and Chief Executive Officer of the United Methodist Association of Health and Welfare Ministries (UMA), the Membership Engagement Manager is responsible for managing membership operations and the planning and coordination of shared learning and networking events.
- Develops and implements a 12-18-month membership engagement production and marketing schedule to achieve attendance and revenue objectives.
- Develops, implements and tracks participation in member virtual, in-person and hybrid networking and education events.
- In collaboration with the CEO and entire UMA team, supports the planning of the UMA Annual Meeting. Specific duties include overseeing the work of the Annual Meeting Planning Committee and breakout education sessions.
- Follows industry trends and issues to support member education and engagement.
- Manages any contractual arrangements and logistics with content providers, hotels, food, transportation, audio visual and those vendors who may serve and support a shared learning event.
- Oversees the membership database system to ensures quality and accuracy.
- Supervises the UMA Operations Coordinator to ensures quality, accuracy and timely membership dues and invoice collection.
- Manages the new member onboarding process.
- Contributes to the UMA and EAGLE news by tracking member and industry news and writing news briefs and marketing copy.
- Serves as staff liaison to the UMA Group Purchasing Program and promotes the program as a member benefit.
- Manages UMA membership recruitment and retention efforts and lists; collaborates with the CEO to achieve revenue goals.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the CEO or Board of Directors.
MISSION, VALUE AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Support and uphold the mission, vision and values of UMA.
- Respect and safeguard the confidentiality of information for members and associates.
- Demonstrate respect and teamwork when interacting with members and associates.
- Initiate prompt and appropriate responses to problems and issues.
Employee must be based in D.C. metropolitan area. Hybrid remote work is a possibility. Expectation to work in Frederick, MD office at least once per week and for all in-person UMA meetings and events.
- Five years of successful experience in association management.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrable relationship talent, with specific successful experience in customer relations management.
- Demonstrable ability to translate strategy into operational planning and implementation.
- Well organized with acute attention to detail to implement plans effectively and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Works independently.
- Proficient in the understanding and application of a variety of technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Able and willing to travel throughout the nation.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.